Accounts Manager Salary UK
The individual who is in charge of managing an organization and its customer relationship is called the accounts manager. They are in charge of building strong and long-term relationships with a group of customers. The accounts manager is to perform the following tasks;
- Generate sales and strengthen customer relationships.
- Makes sure that clients receive requested products and services timely.
- Communicate clients’ needs and demands to the company.
- Forecasts and tracks client account metrics.
- Manage projects and meet company and clients’ goals.
- Identify business opportunities.
- Collaborating and coordinating with staff and team members.
- Keep records of client transactions.
Other tasks performed by the accounts manager are related to project management, strategic planning, sales support, product design, service application, logistics, and marketing.
Average accounts manager salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of an accounts manager in the United Kingdom is £32,950/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of five different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, reed, checkasalary, and totaljobs. This average is based on a sample of 6,758 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of an accounts manager varies from £20,000 to £55,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of Accounts manager in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The highest paying cities for an accounts manager in the UK are London, Berkshire, Bedford, and Bristol.
- Level of experience: The experience of an accounts manager depends; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
- Job timings: The salary of an employee who is working on a full-time basis is more than the one who is working on a part-time basis
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
There is a diverse range of industries and sectors which are looking for accounts manager. So as an aspiring accounts manager, you can work in any field and sector of your interest. A large to amedium-sized organization has an in-house account and finance department. There are certain agencies that specialize in providing financial services to organizations and can be your future hiring organization.
A bachelor ’s degree in marketing, sales or a relevant field can help an individual secure a job as an accounts manager. A prior experience in the field can give you added advantage in gaining a position in an organization.
The skills required by an accounts manager are as follows:
- Client-focused solutions experience.
- Organizational and management skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Project management skills.
- Negotiation and listening skills.
- Presentation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail ability.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
After a few years experience of working as an accounts manager, an individual can progress into an accounts director. The individual can also move into an executive position by improving work credentials.
Click here to see a list of sample interview questions.
“Accounts Manager Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.