Intellectual Property Lawyer Salary UK
“Intellectual property law is a specialist area of property law that governs the ownership of creative property.” – The lawyer portal
“Intellectual property is a unique and physical creation, not just an idea.” – The lawyer portal
Intellectual property lawyer is an individual who deals with legalities of ownership of creative property. In this modern world competition among organizations is increasing with widening of trade markets thus the need of Intellectual property lawyer would likely increase. The duties performed by intellectual property lawyer are
- Guide the businesses in acquiring intellectual property rights.
- Helping clients in deciding unique product names and logos and registering intellectual property.
- Dealing with legal litigation and disputes.
- Advise, manage and oversee matters related to intellectual property rights including trademarks, copyright and designs.
- Write, review, and draft contractual papers
- Manage relationship with brand manager and oversee marketing activities
Average Intellectual property Lawyer salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of Intellectual property Lawyer in United Kingdom is 57,215/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of three different hiring websites, including Payscale, Reed, and checkasalary . This average is based on a sample of 86 jobs posting on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of an Intellectual property Lawyer varies from £32,000 to £72,500 in United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of Intellectual property Lawyer in United Kingdom
- Job experience and age: The age of a solicitor and his/her experience plays an important factor in determining the salary of Intellectual property Lawyer in United Kingdom.
- Trainee vs. qualified partner solicitor: A trainee solicitor earns less as compared to qualified solicitor, where as a partner solicitor earns more than qualified solicitor.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
The nature of intellectual property lawyer job, leads them to work in technology, life sciences, media and IT sectors. As intellectual property, is vital in these organization’s business strategies.
The law firms who work on intellectual property law and legislations are
- Bristows LLP
- DLA Piper UK LLP
- Burges Salmon
There are certain skills (mentioned below) that would help you in gaining career progress as a intellectual property lawyer:
- An analytical brain.
- Exceptional team building and team playing skills.
- Creative thinking skills and analytical brain to solve complex disputes.
- Preparing, reviewing and researching legal case documents.
- Excellent writing and communication skill.
- Keep an eye on new commercial and cultural trends in light of law.
- Excellent time management skill.
- Self motivation and an attention to detail.
In terms of educational background an individual needs to complete their LLB degree and then work as a trainee in any firm intellectual property department. After successful completion of training a solicitor becomes eligible to be entered on to the register of trademark attorneys.
When an individual attains the position of qualified intellectual property lawyer, he/she can attain many roles (mentioned below) as per his/her choice
- Legal associate
- Intellectual property lawyer
Please see below our salary guide for other legal roles that you might be interested in.
- Corporate Attorney
- Employment Lawyer
- Associate General Counsel
- Litigation Attorney
- Trademark Paralegal
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Family Lawyer
- Intellectual property Lawyer
- Immigration Lawyer
“Intellectual Property Lawyer Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.