IT Consultant Salary UK: As an IT consultant an individual needs to be excellent communicators, in order to work with clients, and to advise them about usage of information technology. IT consultant would work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in the organization. Other roles and responsibilities performed by IT consultant are
- Determining and defining the scope of clients projects
- Prepare timescales and list resources required.
- Visit customer business site and understand their work and nature of business.
- Define, develop and implement software, hardware and network requirements.
- Prepare and organize documentation and present to clients.
- Manage and organize training of users and consultants related to new systems.
- Identify potential clients and get involved in sales and marketing.
- Providing strategic guidance in accordance with client technological need.
- Involved in selection and procurement processes.
Average IT Consultant salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of IT consultant in United Kingdom is £32,820/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of Glassdoor. This average is based on a sample of 328 jobs posting on the glassdoor.
The salary range of a corporate attorney varies from £20,000 to £66,000 in United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of IT consultant in United Kingdom
- Job experience and age: The age of a IT consultant and his/her experience plays an important factor in determining his/her salary in United Kingdom.
- Sectors: Salary of IT consultant depends on the size, scope and type of sector and organization.
- Value of IT infrastructure also plays a role in determining salary of IT consultant.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
If you are an aspirant of IT consultant, following are some helping points.
There are various management consultancies, software and system houses who employee IT consultants. Mostly companies specialize in one area of field so you need to gain specialist knowledge and experience. So keeping a regular update of latest information and related certification is crucial.
There are certain skills (mentioned below) that would help you in gaining career progress as a IT consultant.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team with logical approach to problem solving.
- Confident presentation and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage workload and organizational work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient time management skill and ability to work under pressure.
A person with any educational background can become an IT consultant but degree in following subjects is helpful.
- Business studies
- Computer science and software engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Information system
IT industry is so diverse that an individual can develop his/her career in any way. The common path of IT consultant is as follows.
An IT consultant can progress into a more strategic role with gain in his/her experience, expertise, knowledge, passion and drive to achieve his/her dream.
“IT Consultant Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.