Salary: £40-£45K FTE (Pro rata £24-£27K depending on experience) plus excellent benefits and bonus
Permanent, Part-time 21 hours/3 days per week
Location – Buckinghamshire (With some flexible / home working opportunities)
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Data Protection Officer working in a professional membership organisation, a registered charity, which delivers education and develops qualifications as well as conducting research, running events and providing knowledge and resources.
Reporting to the Company Secretary, the role is to manage data protection compliance – but with a proactive and pragmatic focus to help the business deliver its strategy effectively. You will actively work across the entire business to constructively challenge and support best practice in data protection.
A recognised qualification in data protection and comprehensive and detailed knowledge of all aspects of data protection are essential. Excellent communications skills are key as is the ability act proactively and with minimal supervision. Integrity and high professional ethics are essential.
Some office based work is required but flexible/home working options can be explored.
- Operated at a senior level in a similar data protection role.
- Able to investigate and manage data loss issues.
- Be able to develop, and maintain policies and procedures relating to data protection, including privacy statement, incident management and subject access processes.
- Ability to work proactively and constructively with a wide range of people.
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Finding pragmatic solutions to assist people in delivering their goals.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust, and credibility at all levels.