Exciting newly created role within the export sales team within an engineering based B2B industry based in Wokingham, Berkshire with some travel expected to take place as from next year
The main aim is to deliver the export sales budget through the promotion of the group products, supporting existing customers and identification of new customers in both existing and new markets.
It is envisaged that the first 12 months will be spent building up market intelligence and knowledge relating to these new customer opportunities and market sectors.
Initial engagement with potential customers will be vital and regular feedback on activity success will be required.
Proactive engagement with the group marketing team delivering new strategies and initiatives will be an essential part of the role.
What are the responsibilities of the Export Sales role?
- Clearly identify opportunities to expand the export sales
- Develop the overall Export strategy with the export team
- Provide technical support for all customers and influencers
- To build a solid relationship with clients such as end-users, specifiers, distributors & OEM’s.
- Provide support and knowledge relating to current export procedures
- Work closely with the Sales and Technical teams
- Report back any opportunities for other Group company products or services
- Ensure clear internal and external marketing communications are delivered in a timely manner
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to all reasonable requests by senior management
- Travel will be required to visit customer or trade exhibitions
- Identifying, collating and presenting desktop market research information in a logical format
What skills and qualifications are needed?
- Sales driven individual with a desire to grow and expand the export markets
- A solid technical understanding of engineering/hardware will be preferred
- A minimum of 3 years export sales experience in the B2B market
- Knowledge of export documentation & procedures is essential
- Experience in carrying out relevant desktop market research
- Be a team player within a target driven environment
- A positive attitude is essential
- Possess a strategic thinking mind
- Delivering sales related presentations via MS Teams
- Good knowledge and general appreciation of Microsoft 365/Word/Outlook/Excel/Powerpoint/MS Teams