Exciting opportunity has arisen within a professional membership organisation, a registered charity which delivers education and develops qualifications as well as conducting research, running events and providing knowledge and resources.
The organisation are located in Buckinghamshire near High Wycombe and Aylesbury and on average you would be office based twice a week. The other three days at home or at meetings
This is a Head of Public Affairs role and reports to the CEO. A Research Executive would report to you.
You will have the personal and professional authority to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships at a senior level with diverse stakeholders from the public, private and voluntary sectors, academia and within government. And you will be entrusted with influencing the public affairs strategy and raising awareness and understanding of the organisation. You will also be responsible for leading the research function in delivering high quality academic research which supports the development of the organisation.
Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal is key to the success of this role. You will be responsible for producing government submissions and communicating public affairs work internally and to diverse stakeholders from the public, private and voluntary sectors, academia and within government.
In this role you will be required to travel and attend meetings outside of normal hours on occasion but this role is usually 35 hours a week Monday to Friday
Experience needed for this public affairs position
- Good track record of stakeholder management at senior levels across the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Demonstrable experience of working in public policy, public affairs, public relations, or political work.
- Demonstrable ability in building business and strategically rewarding partnerships.
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions.
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Exemplary influencing skills at all levels with the ability to maintain and extend stakeholder and customer relationships and to analyse and provide advice on complex issues.
- Possesses a commitment to stakeholder focus and relationship management to achieve the best outcomes.
- An effective networker and influencer.
Salary up to £65,000 plus bonus and fantastic benefits and working conditions
This role is no longer available but we have others, click here!