Do you have a minimum of 3-5 years solid privacy and GDPR experience?
This is a fabulous role working in a Corporate Compliance & Ethics team in a Legal Department.
The Privacy Counsel will be working on all aspects related to the Group´s global privacy matters.
- Providing legal advice on privacy and cyber security related matters on a global basis.
- Responsibility for supporting data privacy compliance across the business, supporting and delivering the data privacy strategy, implementing best practices and ensuring that a “privacy by design” approach is embedded within the organisation.
- Accountability for data privacy activities, providing expert guidance on data protection laws, carrying out DPIA’s where required and working closely with the operational areas in order to deliver the best possible outcome from a privacy perspective.
- Supporting internal privacy and compliance audits, as well as investigating information incidents involving personal data.
- Developing and delivering privacy training.
- Assisting in the performance of third party risk assessments.
- Negotiating privacy terms in commercial contracts and supporting the Legal Commercial team on privacy matters.
- Implementing data protection policy and processes, internally and in relation to third party processors.
- Ensuring consistency of approach at global level in respect of data privacy strategies.
- Processing access request that are received by the business.
- Ensuring readiness for any changes in laws and regulations, research and analysis on developments in privacy law.
Skills and Experience:
- Pro-active, self-starter, intelligent and diligent.
- Solid and influencing communicator (to any type of audience) with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the company.
- Capable of independently making sound and quick decisions and clearly articulate them to a wide audience.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Exceptional analytical and project management skills.
- Willingness to work under pressure in a flexible and ever changing environment.
- Team player who can work independently but also collaboratively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Familiarity with technology and willingness to embracing automation and digital solutions to data-related tasks and issues
- Ability to multitask and work in a flexible environment.
- Advanced sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Proven experience with Privacy laws such as UK DPA, EU GDPR.
- Data protection impact assessment reviews.
- Cross-border data sharing, processing and storage.
- Privacy training and awareness campaign development and delivery.
- Data access request processing.
- Experience in technology and IT would be desirable.
- Robust understanding of the interconnection between legal and business risks.
- Other experience in general compliance matter would be advantageous.
- Foreign languages would be considered a plus but are not required.