A new and exciting vacancy has arisen for a Procurement Manager reporting to the Head of Finance and based within the finance department in a leading organisation based just outside of High Wycombe and Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire.
You will be the procurement point of contact for all of the company’s commercial and contractual needs. The key objectives are to lead the sourcing process in relation to all goods and services, ensure value for money, improve terms of business, mitigate risk, and manage the ongoing supplier performance.
You will maintain and update the procurement policy, along with other templates such as the sourcing and contract approval form and RFP templates.
Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal are key to the success of this role as you will be working with a range of stakeholders to document specifications and define sourcing strategies for key projects.
Some office based work is required but some flexible/home working options can be explored as well. Ideally you will live within an hours commute of High Wycombe and Aylesbury
- Involvement in all types of supplier spend especially Marketing, IT and Facilities
- Experience in legal contract drafting and review
- Proven negotiation record across all categories of spend
- Strong business and financial acumen with ability to evaluate, analyse and solve problems
- Ability to influence, align views and gain consensus and provide clarity on what needs to be achieved
- Ability to be able to articulate how Procurement works and provide direction and flexibility when a ‘one size fits all’ approach doesn’t work
- Ability to resolve conflicting priorities and manage crises
- Ability to operate effectively as a self-starter
- Commitment to service excellence and process improvement
- Negotiating and Influencing Skills