Do you have 5+ years development experience with a strong technical aptitude and the ability to communicate effectively selling technology and solutions at all levels? (this role involves selling an integration platform to the financial services industry)
Have you worked with financial services and do you know what these organisations need regarding data and analytics and do you have 5 + years of experience in designing and implementing financial services systems?
The ideal candidate will be the subject matter expert on financial services-specific, enterprise- and application-level technical architecture. They will provide guidance, understanding, and education on the development of financial services-specific functions, services, and systems. Where appropriate, they will provide architectural guidance and direction for the organisations financial services product offering.
You will also provide guidance to customers in how to address detailed and complex technical questions and will work with the collective financial services team in order to create, deliver, and sell business solutions to financial services customers.
Windsor, Berkshire based but hybrid role so working from home as well and also some travel mainly into London
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the UK and global financial solutions team and associated teams to design and develop a set of business specific solutions based on the product set
- Provide architectural guidance and direction on financial services specific systems
- Define the architecture and associated system patterns for financial services product offerings
- Design and develop components, services, and systems, from Proof of Concept through to Deployment.
- Ensure architecture meets the desired objectives for system architecture (high availability, scalability, security, flexible/configurable)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent technical/analytical field
- 5 + years of experience in designing and implementing financial services systems from low latency trade processing/order management to scalable and highly performant computational platforms
- Proficient in core design patterns, constructs, and methodologies along with core computer science concepts
- Highly proficient in multiple development languages
- Possess broad expertise and experience in financial products
- Possess expertise in multi-product risk/valuation concepts, computations, and methodologies
- Self-motivated, results-oriented approach with a “get it done” attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting with strong collaboration skills and the ability to facilitate conversations and resolve conflicts
- Ability to handle changes in direction and priorities with ease; exhibits positivity, level-headedness, and adaptability under pressure
- Diligent, focused, and proactive approach to problem solving, detail orientation, and an evidence-oriented mindset
- Goal-oriented team player who is willing to participate at different levels and perform different functions as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills