Are you maybe in a Business Development role, looking to progress to focus on larger brands, more strategic, longer-term conversations and sales cycles?
Do you ideally have some form of IT/Digital Transformation/Talent training experience or similar?
This is a new role within the growing Major Accounts team and is a remote position. Your primary focus is to strategically develop customer and partner relationships within national organisations (major accounts).
Strong career progression here to an Account Director or similar in the future
Key Responsibilities of the Strategic Business Development Manager role
- Working remotely with some attendance at the Slough office or Swindon office
- Strategically identify and liaise with key stakeholders/decision makers for new customers and partners, looking at multi-year sales opportunities
- New business development, a key focus on structured development within new customers across apprenticeships and talent.
- Full use of the companys product portfolio to provide value added solutions
- Managing the end to end sales cycle from initial engagement, including bids and tenders, meetings and project mobilisation, through to renewal
- Acting as a trusted advisor and account manager
- Input, analyse and interpret all relevant sales management information to strategically prioritise the sales pipeline
- Deliver high levels of customer and stakeholder service, resulting in longterm trusted relationships
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the technical talent market, with a primary focus on apprenticeships and subsequent awareness of other routes in to training and talent
Key skills and experience needed for the job
- A track record of delivering sales results within large, national organisations
- An ability to demonstrate experience of end to end sales cycles, highlighting internal relationships and exceptional service
- Experience in a consultative sales environment with opportunities that can take 6-12 months to develop
- Digitally and data literate
- A strong business development focus
- A want and desire to solve technical talent solutions