Marketing Analyst Salary UK
The person who studies market conditions to assess the potential sales of products and services is called a market analyst. A market analyst would be able to analyze qualitative data, trends, strategies, and competition which would help organizations to determine customers’ needs and wants. The roles and responsibilities of a marketing analyst are as follows:
- Conduct SWOT analysis and collect reliable market research.
- Evaluate methods of collecting data.
- Prepare a plan and present a report to senior management.
- Interpret data and make recommendations.
- Design specific research methods such as questionnaires.
- Keep updated on recent market trends and competitors’ strategies.
As a marketing analyst, a creative mindset is important along with analytical and numerical skills. The individual should also have a working knowledge of CRM programs and excellent knowledge of statistical packages.
Average Marketing Analyst salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of a marketing analyst in the United Kingdom is £35,916/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of four different hiring websites, including Payscale, Reed, totaljobs, and checkasalary. This average is based on a sample of 470 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a marketing analyst varies from £20,000 to £65,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of Marketing Specialist in United Kingdom
- Working Hours: A marketing analyst can get a permanent as well as contractual job. The more hours or freelancing jobs that a marketing analyst does on a contract the more he can earn in a year.
- Level of experience: The experience of a marketing analyst depends; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
- Skillset: The skillset (e.g. way of communication, interacting with the clients) determines the salary of an individual working as a marketing analyst.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
There are various big organizations both private and public sector who employ marketing analysts. You can work as a marketing analyst in any sector of your choice. A marketing analyst job is a full-time job, but you can also be hired on a contract basis. Companies publish marketing analyst vacancies on their websites. So keeping a regular update of different organization websites is crucial.
A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, social sciences, statistics, marketing, accounting, and business administration has to be obtained to work as a marketing analyst in any organization. An individual can also do a certification or additional credit courses.
The skills required by an individual to be an efficient marketing analyst are:
- Outstanding insight and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Stronghold on numerical data.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages and CRM packages.
- An in-depth understanding of a range of marketing strategies.
- Creative mind and ability to communicate with people.
- Excellent networking, collaborating, and leadership qualities.
As a marketing analyst an individual career can progress in many directions which are shown in the following diagram:
Click here to see a list interview questions.
“Marketing Analyst Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.