Sample Interview Questions for an Accounting Clerk
We have compiled a list of questions that are commonly asked during an interview for the position of an accounting clerk. You can practice the answers to these questions before your interview. It is important to be aware of the skills, experience and educational qualifications that are listed in the job posting. Make sure your resume matches the job description and showcases the appropriate skills and abilities. Click here to see even more interview questions !!
It is important for every accounting clerk to be proficient in Microsoft Office. Typical duties of an accounting clerk include matching purchase orders and vouchers, data entry and processing accounts payable and receivable. Accounting clerks maintain the financial records of the organisation but at times they are required to deal with colleagues and vendors, solve problems and multitask, hence it is important for them to have interpersonal skills.
Here are some common interview questions:
- Give us details of your work experience as an accounting clerk.
- Tell us about your primary responsibilities in your previous job.
- How many people were in your department?
- What has been the most challenging task of your professional life?
- What type of software are you comfortable with?
- Tell us about the most complex project you had to handle in your previous job.
- What are your strengths as an accounting clerk?
- Tell us about your computer skills.
- Tell us about your math skills.
- What methods would you implement to reduce costs and save time?
- Why are you the best candidate for this position?
- Can you work on weekends?
- Are you comfortable working overtime?
- What has been your life’s proudest moment?
- What inspired you to become an accounting clerk?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have you taken any courses for accounts or finance?
- What do you enjoy most about your work?
- What is your accuracy percentage?
- How do you handle tight deadlines?
- Do you have customer service or administrative background?
- What industries have you worked in?
- Have you worked with confidential documents?
- How do you stay organized?
- Tell us about the most difficult situation you handled at your previous job.
- Why did you choose your major as accounting?
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- What is a skill you want to improve?
- Do you enjoy data entry?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you enjoy working in a team or alone?
- Where did you graduate from?
- Tell us about your career goals.
- How do you handle your mistakes?
- Describe the most common reports an accounting clerk prepares.
- Have you assisted in an audit in your previous job?
- What can you do to avoid making errors?
- What is the process of reconciling a bank statement?
- How would you improve the invoice keeping process?
- How comfortable are you with Microsoft Excel?
“Interview Questions for an Accounting Clerk”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.