Search Engine Optimization Specialist Salary UK
An SEO specialist identifies strategies, techniques, and tactics to transform a company’s online presence. They help to increase the number of visits to a website and acquire a high-ranking position in the results page of the search engine. As an SEO specialist, the following roles and responsibilities are to be fulfilled:
- To increase revenue through online advertising by running pay-per-click campaigns.
- Write tailored original content for websites.
- Make technical recommendations to developers.
- Connect with other businesses over link-building opportunities.
- Utilize user experience and conversion rate optimization methods.
- Drive targeted and loyal traffic to a website.
- Encourage the use of social media to distribute content.
- Develop and incorporate content marketing strategies.
Average search engine optimization specialist salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of a search engine optimization specialist in the United Kingdom is £31,104/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of four different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, CWjobs, and checkasalary. This average is based on a sample of 331 jobs posting on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of an SEO specialist varies from £20,000 to £55,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of SEO specialist in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The top three highest paying cities of UK to an SEO specialist are London, Manchester, and Leeds.
- Job experience and age: The age of an individual and his/her experience plays an important factor in determining the salary of an SEO specialist in the United Kingdom.
|Job Title||Average Salary Paid|
|Trainees – entry level||£18,000 to £28,000/year|
|Executive and management roles||£25,000 to £36,000/year|
|Top in-house position||Up to £47,000/year|
|Director-level position||Average £130,000/year|
- Other variables: The salary differs among sectors, the type of organization, and the success of your social media campaigns.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
The recent world trends require the online presence of all the organizations for business development. SEO specialist becomes important for the organization especially when they are selling products and services online. SEO specialist position can have different titles which are:
- Online marketing executive
- Content marketing officer
- Digital marketing executive
- Media and design executive
All graduate and nongraduate individuals can opt for an SEO specialist but a degree in IT, Business, Technology, and marketing would be useful for this position. You can do a degree in digital marketing or opt for short certified courses.
The skills required for an SEO specialist are
- Proof of strong personal online profile
- Up to date knowledge and technical skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Google’s algorithms.
- An understanding of PR and customer search (how, why, where searches are done).
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Experience in web hosting
Click here to see a list interview questions.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist UK
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.