Technical Sales Representative Salary UK
As the name technical sales representative suggests, the individual requires having a solid understanding of sales techniques. The sales representative works for creating revenues for the organization by obtaining orders from clients and creating relationships with established leads. As a technical sales representative you should have an in-depth knowledge of products. The roles and responsibilities of a technical sales representative are:
- Analysing, identifying sales opportunities.
- Researching and identifying potential leads.
- Communicate and transfer, expected date of delivery and fulfilled orders.
- Suggesting new and related products to clients.
- Recommending improvements in policy and procedures.
- Keep up to date product knowledge.
- Ownership to maintained and potential sales.
Average technical sales representative salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of technical sales representative in United Kingdom is £34,473/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of four different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, totaljobs, Reed, and checkasalary. This average is based on a sample of 42,401 jobs posting on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a technical sales representative varies from £20,000 to £70,000 in United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of technical sales representative in United Kingdom
- Job experience and age: The age of a solicitor and his/her experience plays an important factor in determining the salary of technical sales representative in United Kingdom
- Geographical Location: The pattern of salaries paid in United Kingdom varies from location to location. The top three highest paying cities of UK for technical sales representative are Reading, Bristol and Birmingham.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
The following information would be helpful to aspirants of technical sales representative position.
There are various big organizations both private and public sector who technical sales representative. You can work as technical sales representative in any sector of your choice. Technical sales representative job is a full time job, but you can also be hired on contract basis. Mostly the individual should be ready to work overtime. Companies publish technical sales representative vacancies on their websites. So keeping a regular update of different organization website is crucial.
The minimum education qualification required to become a technical sales representative is a bachelor degree in business, information technology and related fields.
The skills required by organizations for a technical sales representative post are
- Ability to communicate to clients and conduct sales and marketing.
- Creative ability to solve objections, problems.
- Ability to learn quickly and keep updated about ever changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in challenging environment.
- Proficiency in data entry and Microsoft office.
- A drive to be motivated in work, keep good work ethics, and eager to succeed.
The career path for technical sales representative is shown below
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- IT Support Analyst
- Network Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Technical Sales Representative
- Web Designer
- QA Analyst
“Technical Sales Representative Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.