Training & Development Officer Pay Scale 2021 in the United Kingdom
Training and Development officer is a part of Human Resource Department who works for the organization and deals with matters related to staff and employees. A Training and Development officer is a crucial position in Human Resource Department. T&D officer has the duty of accessing and managing the professional and learning process of organizations staff. With the collaboration of senior management T&D officers take a strategic approach to train, assessing the skills of the workforce, and determining what type of training is needed to enhance and retain those skills. The roles of T&D officer are following
- Conducting surveys regarding job evaluation
- Compilation of Jobs and their presentation
- Designing and expanding the training programs based on the requirements of the Organization
- Monitoring the progress of the employees through accessing programs and discussions with managers
- Creating appropriate training schemes for different departments
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are sufficient
- Creation of effective programs for new inductions
- Updating the training and development programs which can meet the present requirements
- Arrangement of the third party for special training and collaboration with them
T&D officer role is very versatile and flexible in the UK and has a broad scope throughout the UK. The job can be full time (9 to 5 job), part-time, or consultancy (self-employed) based depending upon organization requirement.
Average Salary of Training and Development Officer in United Kingdom
The average salary of a training and development officer is £27,161/year. The average is calculated from the sample of four different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Indeed, and totaljobs. This average is based on a sample of 3,750 jobs posting on the mentioned websites.
It is clear from the above information that T&D officer salary has a big range, starting from £20,000 to £60,000. It can be induced from the range that many variables play a role in determining the pay that a person can earn. These averages help determine your estimated earnings in a year but these are not actual representation of your annual income.
Variables that determine pay scale of T&D officer in United Kingdom
- Job Experience: The salary of the individual for the post of Training and Development officer will depend on prior experience. A person with experience of 5 years or more is likely to get more salary as compared to a person with no experience.
- Job Timings: A person working full time, the pay scale will be more as compared to a person working as part-time(flexible hours advantage)
- Geographical location: The location of the posting also affects the salary package of the T&D officer. An officer working in a metropolitan city i.e. London is likely to get more salary.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
This area of work is open for graduates of all backgrounds but the following subjects will be helpful
- Business and related areas
- IT and Computer Science
- Human Resources
- Public Administration
There are certain skills which are mentioned below that would help a person to become an effective T&D officer
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Team building and team working skills
- Leadership qualities
- Integrity and approachability
- Personal credibility and strong interpersonal skills
Every degree discipline is acceptable however Charted Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) recognized qualification is often required.
There is a bright career progression for T&D officers. A T&D officer can progress into the upper level of the Human Resources Department as Team Leader and Head of Department.
We have written some more articles which may help you in deciding your next move in HR.
Click here to see a list interview questions.
“Training & Development Officer Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.