This is a question that every interviewer asks each and every person applying for a job. Your answer needs to be clear and concise to impress your future employers. This is why we have decided to write an article on “What motivated you to apply for this job”
The answer to this question should showcase your knowledge about the company you are interviewing for, the position you are being offered and the industry you shall be working in. You can demonstrate your passion and competency for the job when you answer about your motivations to work with their organisation. Most interviewers ask about the interviewee’s motivations for the job to ascertain their research on the organisation, their career goals and enthusiasm for the position and their interest in the company.
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
Do not be Vague About Your Motivations
- You want to convince your employers that you are really keen on the job.
- It is important to showcase that you enjoy working and have a good skill set.
- Convey these traits when explaining your motivations for applying for the position.
- Reflect the job description co relating them to your skills to showcase.
- Why you are perfect and relevant for the position.
- Use details from the job description to showcase you understand the requirements of the position.
Research the Company Website Thoroughly
- Focusing on their history, mission statement and achievements and awards.
- Check out the social media pages and be up to date with the happenings of the company.
- Read articles published in the media about the organisation and be ready to answer any questions of new products launched or changes in management.
- Your research should be deep and consist of new and old articles. It is beneficial to have a deep knowledge of the company as it shall reflect in your interview.
- If you have friends who already work in that organisation, talk to them, even if they cannot recommend you, they can give you an invaluable insight into the company’s work culture and demonstrate the kind of people the organisation hires.
Why are your Skills Suitable for the Job
- How is the job tailor made for you.
- Shape your answer on your career goals and the company’s work culture, so the interviewer feels you are less interested in the salary and more interested in the company.
- Demonstrate to your interviewer the skills like decision making giving them examples of your past professional experiences and showcasing you are a strong determined candidate.
- You can come up with ideas that you shall implement if hired and share them with your employer so as to give them an insight into what you shall bring to the table if hired.
- Focus on the company and its attributes when sharing your motivations for working there.
“What Motivated You to Apply for this Job”
Click here to see a list interview questions.
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.