Common Interview Questions
Researching and preparing for an interview can often help determine your chances of advancing in the interview process. One of the best ways to get ready for an interview is to practice your answers to the most commonly asked interview questions
Here we have researched and compiled a list of the most common interview questions candidates get asked during interviews. Practice answering these questions in front of a mirror or with a friend or family member before your interview so you shall be ready to put your best foot forward at your interview.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What makes you stand out from the other candidates?
- Name three things you can improve about yourself to get better at your job.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Tell us about your biggest accomplishment.
- Tell us about your biggest professional mistake.
- What is your dream job?
- How did you hear about this vacancy?
- What can you accomplish in the first three months at this position if you are appointed?
- Explain your resume in your own words.
- Explain in detail about your educational background.
- Describe yourself.
- Tell us about the most difficult situation you have handled at your previous job.
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Are you willing to work on weekends?
- How would you deal with an irate client?
- Tell us about your salary expectations.
- Tell us about your biggest work project.
- Do you know our competitors? Tell us about them.
Still Reading? Here’s 25 More!
- Tell us about your life’s biggest failure.
- What inspires you in life?
- When can you start working if you are hired?
- Do you have a mentor?
- Have you ever had disagreements with superiors at your previous job?
- How do you handle work pressure?
- Name our CEO.
- What is your goal in life?
- What motivates you to work?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What was your previous boss’s weakness?
- How would your previous boss describe you?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- Do you read books?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Tell us about your hobbies.
- Are you on social media?
- Tell us about your family.
- Have you ever lead a team?
- Have you ever fired anyone?
- Why do you like working in this industry?
- How many hours a week can you work?
- Do you want to share anything with us?
- Do you have any questions for us?
“Commonly Asked Interview Questions”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.