Director of sales salary UK
Director of Sales manages all the sales activities and sales manager of the company. The director of sales identifies key markets, remain a step ahead of emerging trends, and collaborate with teams. The roles and responsibilities of a director of sales are as follows;
- Lead and motivate staff to improve customer service with clients.
- Design and implement strategic plans to reach sales targets.
- Create strong relationships with customers to improve customer loyalty.
- Develop and implement sales objectives.
- Assess costs, competitions, and supply and demand of products and services.
- Estimate sales volume and profit and devise a budget.
- Create a sales training program to train new employees.
- Conduct meetings with sales managers to assess company performance.
The Director of sales is an expert in negotiation and marketing. The working hours of director of sales are usually long and may vary according to industries and targets.
Average Director of sales salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of the director of sales in the United Kingdom is £70,503/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of five different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Reed, Indeed, and totaljobs. This average is based on a sample of 2,688 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of an accountant varies from £50,000 to £126,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of director of sales in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The highest paying cities for a director of sales in the UK are London, Tadley, and Birmingham.
- Level of experience: The experience of a director of sales matters in determining salary; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
- Skillset: The level of numerical skills a person knows to the certification/courses he/she has done defines the skillset. The skillset determines the salary of an individual.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
There is a diverse range of industries and sectors which are looking for a director of sales. So as an aspiring director of sales you can work in any field and sector of your interest. The top companies hiring for a director of sales are
- Selby Jennings
A minimum qualification required for a director of sales position is a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a relevant degree. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role is required by the employer for the position of director of sales.
The skill requirements for director of sales by an employer are;
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and practices.
- Capacity to manage various projects and work on strict deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving.
The director of sales can progress his/her career by working devotedly and passionately. The career growth of the director of sales is seen as follows.
Click here to see a list of sample interview questions.
“Director of Sales Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.