Outside Sales Salary UK
An outside sales representative communicates with the current and potential customer face-to-face. They provide hands-on information about the new and updated features of products and give the best experience to the customer. An outside sales representative has exceptional social skills which help in progressing their career. The roles and responsibilities of an outside sales responsibility are as follows;
- Visit sales territory and build a relationship with clients.
- Conduct daily calls and meetings with customers and keep a record.
- Maintain the professional image of business during meetings with customers.
- Understanding customer needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering customer queries and solving them.
- Keep up to date with the latest product and service information.
- Maintaining a database of the current and potential customers.
- Researching and be informed about competitors’ products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Closing sales and completing sales targets.
- Building strong relationships with current and potential clients.
- Work closely with the marketing department.
Average outside sales salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of an outside sales representative in the United Kingdom is £25,890/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of two different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, and Payscale. This average is based on a sample of 289 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of an outside sales representative varies from £20,000 to £45,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of outside sales in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The highest paying cities for an outside sales representative in the UK are Southwest London and Central London.
- Level of experience: The experience of an outside sales representative depends; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
- Other variables: Mostly the pay is dependent on performance and commission and these two can create pay differences among outside sales representatives.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
There is a diverse range of industries and sectors which are looking for outside sales representatives.
A minimum high school diploma/GED is an educational requirement for employers hiring an outside sales representative. It is a basic requirement of an outside sales representative position that they have in-depth knowledge of products and services being offered.
Some of the skills required for an outside sales representative are;
- Persuasive and negotiation skills
- Sales skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to achieve targets
- Exceptional phone and cold calling skills
- Sound judgment and good business sense
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork ability
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Resilience and Tenacity
- Independence and self-reliance
Outside sales representatives with exceptional sales skills have a bright future in this role. The career path of an outside sale would look as follows
Click here to see a list of sample interview questions.
“Outside Sales Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.