Regional Sales Manager Salary UK
The regional sales manager is in charge of the sales of business product or service in a specified region or geographical area. The duties of a regional sales manager are;
- Create regional sales plans and budgets.
- Evaluate store and individual performances.
- Forecast and report regional sales and profits.
- Identify hiring needs and aid in the hiring process.
- Analyze regional market trends and growth opportunities.
- Address potential problems and give creative solutions.
- Make decisions for expansion or acquisitions.
- Recommend new services/products to increase sales and loyal customers.
Average regional sales manager salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of a regional sales manager in the United Kingdom is £42,062/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of five different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Reed, Indeed, and totaljobs. This average is based on a sample of 15,120 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a regional sales manager varies from £30,000 to £90,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of regional sales in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The highest paying cities for a regional sales manager in the UK are Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Manchester.
- Level of experience: The experience of a regional sales manager matters in determining salary; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
- Other variables: Mostly the pay is dependent on performance and commission and these two can create pay differences among regional sales managers.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
If you are dreaming of becoming a regional sales manager the following information would be useful for you.
There are various big organizations both private and public sector who employ a regional sales manager. You can work as a regional sales manager in any sector of your choice. A regional sales manager job is a full-time job, but you can also be hired on a contract basis. Companies publish regional sales manager vacancies on their websites. So keeping a regular update of different organization websites is crucial.
A minimum bachelor’s degree in technical, sales and marketing, business administration, or a relevant field is an educational requirement for employers hiring a regional sales manager. As it is a basic requirement of sales operation manager position that they have in-depth knowledge of products and services being offered by the organization. Moreover, an experience of more than 5 years in the relevant field is the requirement of an employer.
The skill requirements for a regional sales manager by an employer are;
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and practices.
- Capacity to manage various projects and work on strict deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Advance excel and CRM applications knowledge.
A sales operation manager can progress his/her career to VP of marketing, then to chief marketing officer with continuous improvement in knowledge, skills, and capabilities.
Click here to see a list of sample interview questions.
“Regional Sales Manager Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.