Sales Engineer Salary UK
If you are an engineering or science student, but are interested and have the capability of working in the sales profession, then your future career can be as a sales engineer. A sales engineer uses his/her technical knowledge to advise and support product or service sales. They also help colleagues with bids and tenders of new and existing clients. The roles and responsibilities of sales engineer are;
- Search new clients, develop a relationship with them, persuade them to purchase, and negotiate terms with them.
- Provide pre-sales and after-sales technical assistance.
- Analyze cost and sales.
- Project sale targets and achieves targets.
- Preparing reports and supporting marketing activities.
- Liaison with team members and head office.
Average Sales engineer salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of a sales engineer in the United Kingdom is £39,904/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of five different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Reed, Indeed, and totaljobs. This average is based on a sample of 2,205 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a sales engineer varies from £30,000 to £95,000 in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of Sales Engineer in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The highest paying cities for a sales engineer in the UK are Leads, Manchester, and Glasgow.
- Level of experience: The experience of a sales engineer matters in determining salary; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
|Job title||Salary Range|
|Entry-level – sales engineer||£20,000 to £30,000/year|
|Middle level – sales engineer||£30,000 to £45,000/year|
|Senior management||£50,000 or more / year|
- Other variables: Mostly the pay is dependent on performance and commission and these two can create pay differences among sales engineers.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
There is a diverse range of industries and sectors which are looking for a sales engineer. Some of the sectors where a sales engineer can work are;
A minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is an educational requirement for employers hiring a sales engineer. As it is a basic requirement of sales engineer position that they have in-depth knowledge of products and services being offered.
Some of the skills required for a sales engineer are;
- Solid technical background
- Sales skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound judgment and good business sense
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork ability
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Resilience and Tenacity
- Independence and self-reliance
The career of sales engineer can offer high benefits and an attractive salary. The individual can decide to stay in the sales field or can move to a managerial position. You can also change department and work as product development and research officer. Moreover, with the passage of time individuals can opt for self-employment as well.
Click here to see a list of sample interview questions.
“Sales Engineer Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.