Social Media Manager Salary UK
A social media manager boosts an organization’s online visibility and engagement by developing a strategy, producing good content, evaluate usage data, assisting service, and supervising projects and campaigns. A social media manager roles and responsibilities are as follows
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies.
- Day to day handling of social media platforms.
- Oversee, plan and deliver engaging content across different plans.
- Develop, Launch and manage new campaigns and develop a relationship with influencers.
- Track and record performance of social media posts and contents.
- Set targets, manage a budget of marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness.
- Collaborate across teams and educate staff on the use of social media.
Average Social Media Manager salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of social media manager in the United Kingdom is £31,148/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of six different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Reed, Indeed, totaljobs, and checkasalary. This average is based on a sample of 1,716 job posts on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a social media manager varies from £22,000 to £60,000/year in the United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of Social media manager in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The top three highest paying cities of the UK to a social media manager are Milton Keynes, London, and Bristol.
- Job experience and age: The age of an individual and his/her experience plays an important factor in determining the salary of a social media manager in the United Kingdom.
|Average Salary Paid
|Assistant or junior social media manager
|£19,000 to £25,000/year
|Experienced social media manager
|£30,000 to £40,000/year
|£60,000 or more /year
|Freelance rate rates
|£15 to £25/hour
- Other variables: The salary differs among sectors, the type of organization, and the success of your social media campaigns.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
There is a diverse range of industries and sectors which are reaching their customers through marketing and advertisement in social media. So as an aspirant of social media manager you can work in any field and sector of your interest. A large to medium-sized organization has an in-house social media department. There are certain agencies that specialize in social media marketing, and can be your future hiring organization. An individual can do freelancing work as a social media manager.
An individual with any educational background can work as social media manager, but a qualification in the following field would be helpful in a job:
- Business management
- Media and communication
- Public relations
The following skills would help achieve a successful career as a social media manager
- An in-depth understanding of a range of social media platforms and how to utilize them in marketing and advertising.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to edit according to different platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of algorithms, and search engine optimization.
- Creative mind and ability to communicate with people.
- Excellent networking, collaborating and leadership qualities.
- Ability to Multitask, capacity to establish priority and lead a team.
- Motivation, commitment, and attention to detail
There is no defined career structure for a social media manager; however, an individual can progress by getting a definite position in a big corporation and then advance in the managing position of the social media department.
Click here to see a list interview questions.
“Social Media Manager Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.