Web Content Writer Salary UK
A web content writer creates digital content for organizations that are new to the digital online world. Content writers research material or product descriptions to make their content unique and appealing to the eye of the visitors. A web content writer interacts closely with content managers or clients to understand their writing requirements and create content accordingly. The roles and responsibilities performed by a web content writer are:
- Generate unique, well-researched content to be published online.
- Draft content and manage work according to deadlines.
- Communicate and cooperate with the writing team.
- Use SEO strategies in writing to enhance the visibility of online content.
- Tracking each web page and ensuring content is the best fit with the design of that page.
- Developing a good network over social media platforms.
- Develop unique and attractive headlines and the body of the content.
Web content writers usually have their own work schedules but sometimes they would require working at odd times.
Average Web Content Writer salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of Web content writer in the United Kingdom is £29,169/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of five different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Reed, totaljobs, and Indeed. This average is based on a sample of 1,000 jobs posting on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a web content writer varies from £17,000 to £80,000 in the United Kingdom.
Variables that determine salary of web content writer in United Kingdom
- Geographical location: The pattern of salaries paid in the United Kingdom varies from location to location. The top three highest paying cities of the UK to a web content writer are Windsor, Abingdon, and London.
- Job experience and age: The age of an individual and his/her experience plays an important factor in determining the salary of a web content writer in the United Kingdom.
- Other variables: The salary differs due to your writing capability and the amount of work that a person do and manages.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
The top companies that are hiring for web content writer are
- Allen Associates Limited
- London Business school
- Public health England
- Atechy Group
An individual with any educational background can become a web content writer. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, and communications would help you in creating unique, creative content. There are also certifications available that an individual can do and get desired skill sets. The skills required are as follows:
- Portfolio of published content and content writing work experience.
- Familiarity with web usage and experience of multiple content searching.
- Excellent editing, writing skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of keywords, SEO, and basic writing terminologies.
- Ability to work in teams
Click here to see a list of sample interview questions.
“Web Content Writer Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.