Web Designer Salary UK
If you have a creative mindset and have passion for technical knowledge then your dream of being web designer can be fulfilled. A Web designer plan, create and code web pages, using both technical and non technical skills to produce websites that fit customers’ requirements. As a web designer an individual will determine the look of website, how it works and also maintaining existing website. The roles and responsibilities of a web designer are as follows
- Draw, design page layouts, graphics and animations.
- Present initial design to clients and get their approval.
- Organize hosting of website, register domain name and other legal requirements.
- Make necessary amendments after testing website and handing it over to clients.
- Search engine optimization (SEO).
The technological advancement in current world has paved new way for web designers. This has also increased challenges for the web designers and need to test websites has become crucial.
Average Web designer salary in United Kingdom
The average salary of web designer in United Kingdom is £30,000/yr. The average is calculated from the sample of four different hiring websites, including Glassdoor, Payscale, Reed, and totaljobs. This average is based on a sample of 205 jobs posting on the mentioned websites.
The salary range of a business analyst varies from £20,000 to £45,000 in United Kingdom. This range is due to many factors, variables, which are discussed next.
Variables that determine salary of Web designer in United Kingdom
- Geographical Location: The pattern of salaries paid in United Kingdom varies from location to location. The top three highest paying cities for web designer of UK are London, and south east.
- Level of experience: The experience of a web designer depends; the more experienced the individual is the more pay he/she would get.
Skills, Qualification and Career Development
Being a web designer a person requires both soft and technical skills. The soft skills that help an individual to become a creative and ingenious web designer are
- Communication skills
- Managing, leading and working with a team
- Problem solving and creativity.
- Analysis and delivering presentations.
- Ability to self learning new skills.
- Attention to detail
The technical skills require in depth knowledge of following
- Design and graphics software
- Content management system
A formal qualification or bachelor degree is not required to become a web designer. However, large corporations require a graduate degree from their employee. Web designing courses are provided by many universities and colleges. An individual can self learn web designing or can do online/distance learning courses.
As a web developer the initial years of your career would be spend acquiring the needed skills and learning different software. Once the individual has identified his/her strengths, he/she can specialize in any field.
A person can also progress his/her career into educational field by becoming private tutor or a teacher in accredited universities/schools.
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- IT Support Analyst
- Network Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Technical Sales Representative
- Web Designer
- QA Analyst
“Web Designer Salary UK”
Journey Recruitment hopes you have a great day.